Monday, December 17, 2012

My Condolences



I haven’t posted anything on Friday’s shootings yet because it’s been so incredibly difficult to comprehend. I can’t even watch the news right now because it completely breaks my heart. Whether you are a parent or not, as adults and as human beings, it is our duty to protect children from harm because they cannot protect themselves. When we’ve reached a point in our society where we can’t even do that, there is a moment when things start to feel a little hopeless.  If an elementary school is not sacred then what is?  It brings up something different for all us…we shed tears, we mourn the loss, we worry for our loved ones, we become angry, we demand change. Then, as we are taught to do, we pick ourselves up and move forward…not forgetting what happened but hopefully taking moments to be nicer, to hug someone a little longer, and to enjoy the days we are lucky enough to have here on earth. In the end, no matter what tragedies we may endure, I remain hopeful that we will always persevere. Much love and many blessings to all of you. 

If you would like to donate to the families of the victims to help pay for funeral costs and grief counseling, here is a link. https://www.everribbon.com/ribbon/view/10076

1 comment:

  1. Hi, thank you so much for the kind and comforting words. You have gave me a few tools that i will think about and will be use to guide me through life. I really appreciate your suggestions. I'll keep reading some condolence messages to relieve my pain.

    ReplyDelete